Thursday, December 29, 2011

I Didn't Have My Camera with Me | Sarnia/ Lambton County Portrait Photographers

I saw a young woman today who made me itch to ask her if I could take her portrait. She wasn't a model type beauty,  but beautiful nonetheless. She was someone who had this aura about her of quiet confidence. She was dressed very fashionably, but modest at the same time. I didn't want to make her nervous by studying her too carefully, but in watching her interaction with the cashier I could tell that she was more than just a pretty face. She also possessed a beautiful heart -- kind and friendly.

As I walked outside to our van, she was standing near the curb, face tilted skyward watching the big fluffy snowflakes tumble down towards her. Had I had my camera on me, I would have dropped my purchases right then and there to capture that moment of quiet beauty. Alas, it wasn't meant to be. Instead I have frozen it in my mind.

Because we remember moments, not days...

No comments: